[arch-general] Motion

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 09:47:12 EST 2011

Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> writes:
> Then there might be a bug in the rc.d script, did you check out what it
> does?

Well the rc.d is correct actually, the problem is that with
"killall motion" motion doesn't quit, so the rc.d script
    [ ! -z "$PID" ]  && kill $PID &> /dev/null

of course doesn't work either.
So I guess it's more a problem of motion...

> Any video editor could do this i bet, google can help you with that ;)

No luck is about recording the audio in the first place, I added this
but it never quits and I don't get any audio...
Vmware fusion should make the audio card accessible, but I'm not sure
that recording works at all...

on_movie_start rec -t wav - | lame - %d.mp3
on_movie_end killall rec