[arch-general] Overreactions. Was Re: When will Arch switch to Upstart

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:08:56 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Madhur Ahuja <ahuja.madhur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Madhur Ahuja <ahuja.madhur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ubuntu and Fedora has already embraced it.
>>
>> Any ideas when will Arch switch to upstart based booting system ?
>>
>> http://upstart.ubuntu.com/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Madhur
>>

> Ok, Some people have suggested that I am trolling just because I have
> not replied in *12* hours to any ideas.
>
> Guys, this is not the case. I am quite new to Open source and
> community driven projects and by the replies I am getting the fair
> idea that its the initiative which somebody like me will have to take
> or arch will not switch to Upstart because of its philosophy.
>
> I get that and will keep in mind in my further discussions on this
> mailing lists.

Yeah, I understand your point, but, please, don't feel burned by the
flames. There are always some people that answer with an excessively
angry tone, without a good justification. Go figure...

That thread helped me to discover about systemd (thanks to C. Anthony
Risinger for the high level answers), so it was not in vain.

I'll really never understand why people answer with anger to a sincere
question. Yeah, maybe you're not on a good mood, but maybe that is
another reason to refrain to discuss. I'll not cite any names, because
this is not a witch hunt. Just would like to make people think (yeah,
I'm a dreamer... :-))

So, thanks for the discussion :-)

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.