[arch-general] Frequency of abs updates, would increasing frequency cost much?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 01:27:49 EST 2011

This is more a general question, I understand abs is updated every 24
hours. Would more regular updates (say, every 1 hour or so) be better?

Currently, for those (like me) who compulsively update, abs is pretty
much guaranteed to be behind the latest packages in any mirror (by a max
of 24 hours). If it doesn't cost (resources etc.) too much for abs to be
updated every 1 hour, wouldn't this mean that most mirrors are likely to
be in sync with abs just about all the time?

Obviously I've got self-interest in this, since I auto-patch (using
bauerbill) some packages from the repos. Its not a huge priority (I can
manually access the SVN interface, but I think it'd be useful.