[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] kernel 3.0 changes

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Jul 23 12:25:31 EDT 2011

Am Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:18:46 +0200
schrieb Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com>:

> But I don't know exactly how pacman will handle the replace.

pacman does nothing. I tried it with my linux-fbcondecor package which
I took from your SVN linux package.

pacman just let my kernel26-fbcondecor package installed and installs
linux-fbcondecor parallel.

I think if you want pacman to uninstall kernel26 you need to add a
conflicts=('kernel26') to the linux PKGBUILD. But I'm not sure if this
is necessary. And for that reason I would suggest not to creating the
symlinks to the old image names. Better let the people edit their
bootloader config. If they won't do this they'll just boot their old
kernel26 if they didn't uninstall it before. So nobody will get an
unbootable system.

Heiko