[arch-general] [arch-announce] Deprecation of net-tools

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Jun 11 11:13:55 EDT 2011

Hi Rémy,

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will need testers for the various patches I merged from the bug
> tracker, notably IPv6. Any comments on the suggested implementation
> are welcome.

Great to hear that you are working on this! My two cents:

I noticed you made a change to the state dir. Maybe worth also moving
it from /var/run to /run?

To avoid hassle with changing network backend in the future, it might
be worth trying to avoid config variables that are passed to the
backend without parsing (don't know if this has been, or will be
added, just something that caused trouble in initscripts).

-t