[arch-general] arch linux repository

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 16 01:46:47 EDT 2011

2011/6/15 Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio at gmail.com>:
> Em Qua, 2011-06-15 às 18:37 -0300, Ángel Velásquez escreveu:
>
>> 2011/6/15 Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio at gmail.com>:
>> > Hello...
>> >
>> > I am building a private repository (myrep) I put all the packages, I
>> > build
>> > using PKGBUILD and /var/abs/tree. and saved it on an internet server
>> > that can be acessed by using http.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to build the db and files in the repository, in a way
>> > pacman -Syu can
>> > update my archlinux???   or pacman just do not use them???
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> Please see [1] I don't know if you noticed that you received that
>> reply, please don't ask again in other threads, ask if you didn't
>> understand something from the documentation
>>

>> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Local_repository_HOW-TO
>>

> I read the document, it explains how to mount a repo using nfs on local
> servers,
> that is not I want to I need to build a repo using http, on remote
> servers, and
> use the command pacman -Syu to update all the archlinux...

So you need an http server (common sense is also valid)

> for what I see, I need to go to the pacman source and see how it is
> done...

Or try to explore yourself how to do it.

> I use FreeBSD,

I really doubt about it.

and in BSD it is all documented,  in every detail, I am
> having
> some dificulties using linux    Even if arch linux is the best one, the
> documentation
> is missing from some points...  for example: how pacman chooses what
> needs
> to  be updated from the repo sources...

That's explained, even on pacman.conf ..

> If the solution is to go to the pacman source, no problem... I just
> asked the
> list in the case someone has done it before...

The solution is to read a lot, you still missing some valuable information.

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net