[arch-general] linux 3.1-4 - two i686 lockups after ~ 5 hours of operations. two x86_64 seem OK

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:47:02 EST 2011

tpowa,

   Upgraded 5 i686 boxes and 2 x86_64 boxes to linux 3.1-4 yesterday night. This
morning, one i686 server is dead, other i686 box responded to xterm (return
input) and then locked (ssh connection was left up after login to confirm
reboot). Two other i686 boxes (under no load) still running. The boxes are
remote. I'll pull the logs when I get to the site and send. Anybody else seeing
this with linux 3.1-4?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.