[arch-general] netcfg wlan connection renewal

Zanterian zanterian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 15:41:24 EDT 2011

On 10/12/2011 11:43 AM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Does anyone know of a live-CD which contains those drivers? This way I
> could likely rule out a problem with Arch.
>
> I'll try to get a useful log tomorrow and maybe I can test some more
> with my neighbors wlan for comparison.

Have experience with any kernel 2.6.38 or newer to have full support.
Not sure if any of the older ones do, but it's possible (just don't have
personal experience).

I'm running fine with a BCM4313 driver over here. From my understanding
the bcm43xx drivers are built into the kernel when Broadcom made them
open source around a year ago. All you need is the linux-firmware
package from the [core] repository if you are running an arch system and
all should work smoothly.

Hope that was helpful,

-EP