[arch-general] A question about installing Arch

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 18:02:50 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Christian <christian08 at runbox.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just have a question and I really need to install Arch. Unfortunatly, I only have the 2010-05 release CD here and I am not able to burn the new one. Is it correct that it will not be able to download the system and install it?
> If not, are there any other ways for me to get this installed?
> Many thanks for any help,
> Christian

Hey, I recently installed arch using a PCLinuxOS live cd from about
the same time. Basically you have to get pacman working and stick to
instructions on installing packages in the right places, eg. you can
easily set up an arch chroot on any existing linux. see [1] and [2],
my blog howto which circumvents the regular installer [3]. pacman
--root is your friend. :-)

cheers!
mar77i

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_bundled_32-bit_system_in_Arch64