[arch-general] coping with damaging updates

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:18:55 EDT 2011

On 27-10-2011 19:59, Leonid Isaev wrote:
> Fine: s/modern linux system/modern linux desktop system/. But, are you sure
> you understand the difference between local and remote users?

According to the documentation, local users are the ones that have
access to a physical keyboard, mouse and display. I can see the benefits
of not granting full privileges to a remotely connected user, but that's
not what I was on about.

> In fact, you don't need to be a member of video (at least my webcam works
> fine). Kvm is useful, but I wouldn't be surprised if in fedora 16 (and
> then in all other distros), kvm would be managed by ck as well.

Webcam also works fine here without me being in video group, must have
been a leftover before *kit took care of it, I stand corrected on that
one. The others still stand and the thing is you can't be only part of
the users group and do everything, in time maybe you can but right now
you can't.

--
Mauro Santos