[arch-general] netcfg wlan connection renewal

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Sep 29 06:20:17 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Tom Gundersen's message of 2011-09-28 20:55:30 +0200:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Philipp Überbacher
> <hollunder at lavabit.com> wrote:
> > meanwhile and provides a CLI interface it still requires polkit. Polkit
> > requires consolekit and both mean configuration and maintenance trouble.
>
> Just a quick comment in case someone happens to read this: neither PK
> nor CK should require any configuration at all for most users (at
> least if you use a DE).

This isn't exactly no configuration:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Networkmanager#Set_up_PolicyKit_permissions

And it interferes with stuff where it shouldn't, I tried to help a user
getting jack to work, and after I talked him through all the usual stuff
and was out of ideas I told him to try to disable policykit. Surprise,
it worked. I don't want to deal with stuff like that.