[arch-general] Personal note

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Aug 15 13:27:29 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

As most devs have done already, I'm going to change my relationship
with arch-general. This probably does not matter to most of you, so
sorry for the noise. Then again, it might be a useful reminder about
how most devs interact with the list (or rather, how they do not).

My approach to arch-general used to be:

1) to scan it for bug reports and feedback related to "my" corner of
the Arch world, and follow up on whatever bugs/problems/questions I
could.
2) to correct anything that I considered misinformation about the same.

I am no longer able to keep up with this, so I will:

1) stop dealing with bugs reported on the mailing-list, please report
anything to the bug tracker.
2) just accept that the world is full of misinformation and baseless
speculations and not engage with it any longer.

This is mostly for the sake of my own sanity, but also because I think
my continued presence on this mailing list decreases rather than
increases the current abysmal quality of discussion.

Lastly, I'd like to add that I have appreciated the many constructions
conversations on the list.

Cheers,

Tom