[arch-general] GHC 7.4.1 or HP 2011.4.0.0??

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:07:13 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> We ought to be ashamed, Debian unstable now has GHC 7.4.1! ;)
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/ghc
>
> In the meantime I've put together a repo with GHC 7.4.1 (x86_64 only)
> and a few packages: http://is.gd/L7ZBQC
>
> /M
>
> --
> Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
> email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org
> twitter: magthe               http://therning.org/magnus
>

> Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
> being a real problem in the longer term.
>     -- Alan Kay

Hi,

I will be working with vega in around 2 weeks to update ghc and
cleaning up the haskell pkgs.
I'm not working on it right now because I'm currently focusing on
cleaning up our ruby package and guidelines.
Vega is working on a tool to help us with the update.

If you really need ghc 7.4.1, I have a preliminary package for ghc at
http://pkgbuild.com/~td123/ghc.tar
Binaries are available under http://pkgbuild.com/~td123/
Note this is completely unsupported and should be only used if you
know what you're doing. Not specifically saying this to you, but other
people that come across reading this :)

-Thomas Dziedzic