[arch-general] virtualbox-bin aur - vboxdrv -> dkms -> confusion...

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Tue Jun 5 16:36:19 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>  So I read the https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Virtualbox ...
This page is for virtualbox official package.

You can find informations in the package comment page.

>  Also, since I don't really want the module autogenerated, do I even need
> dkms in the DAEMONS line of rc.conf?
No.

$ /etc/rc.d/dkms start #build and install dkms registered modules.

if LOAD=yes in /etc/conf.d/dkms, module are also loaded. (default behaviour)

>  What I want to do is just leave MODULES=(vboxdrv), but I need to know how
> to build the module? What say the experts?
>  I know I'm missing something simple, I just want to make sure I can build
> the module when I need to. Thanks.
$ dkms autoinstall

virtualbox-bin is an AUR package, discution should take place in aur-general.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
www.seblu.net