[arch-general] [cdrecord] Problems with original cdrecord on latest linux kernel

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Jun 10 08:05:03 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom, I don't know much about this modules-load.d stuff. Does it work
> with plain udev? Otherwise it wouldn't help much including that file
> for users that doesn't use systemd (and I'm one of them).

It works the same with initscripts and with systemd.

It is strictly speaking not udev that loads these modules but a
separate tool: /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load, which is shipped
in the same package as udev (systemd-tools).

It probably will not work on other distros that don't use systemd
(though I don't really know), so that's something for upstream to keep
in mind.

Cheers,

Tom