[arch-general] [kernel/update] Found hardware: "HDA-Intel: "Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)"

Ray Kohler ataraxia937 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:19:47 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 15 June 2012 19:49, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:
>> Am 15.06.2012 20:35, schrieb Mateusz Loskot:
>>> It doesn't really bother me, but I wonder where the sudden change from?
>>
>> Noticed this also. In my case two pieces of hardware get found and the
>> status on the right column says "failed". Haven't looked into it yet,
>> but probably something else is expected as a return value.
>
> In my case, nothing "fails". Here is screenshot:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mloskot/7375548454/
>
>> But everything works just as usual, even the state of the mixer is being
>> restored, so this is not a major issue for me.
>
> Indeed, same here.
> I'm just curious.

If the driver of your sound hardware changes, then the stored state
doesn't apply cleanly, and you will get such a message. I generally
see it every time we move to a new kernel series (i.e., 3.3 -> 3.4).
What I do is to check the mixer settings and fix them if needed, and
then run "alsactl store" by hand so as to update the saved state
immediately rather than waiting for it to happen at shutdown time. At
that point it matches the new driver and you won't see this message
again.