[arch-general] Booting archlinux .iso to take a look

Chris Jones cjns1989 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 00:37:01 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:09:41AM EDT, David Benfell wrote:

> On 06/22/12 20:48, Chris Jones wrote
>

> > I never bork my existing system(s).. ;-)
> >
> <nag>
> s/never/have not yet/
> </nag>

hehe..

Actually, I once did end up with an unbootable system on a couple of
occasions.. one time it was caused by some crappy little program called
os-prober that actually _believes_ whatever it finds in grub
directories that may have been obsolete for years and many partitions
have come and gone.. Now I only use it once to gen' a template.. and
remove it from the system thereafter...

On the other occasion, something in the BIOS must have decided that my
first drive all of a sudden was my second drive and vice-versa.

As the grub gurus told me.. ah.. but you should use UUID's.. trouble is
I do..

Obviously, I've borked systems more than once.. and a good thing too..
that's the only way you get to learn anything..

CJ

--
Hi! My name is bobby...