[arch-general] Campaign against Secure Boot

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jun 25 19:43:22 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 01:29 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 00:55 +0200, Karol Babioch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > seems to be a classical case of Godwin's law ;).
>
> I've got no time to read your mail now, I'll do it later, but regarding
> to the first sentences, Godwin's law is another issue. When talking
> about different opinions there often is a confusion with fascism. But
> the discussion is about "freedom" in FLOSS, a real discussion where
> fascism might or might nor be involved. Btw. Mr. Goldwin
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Mike_Godwin_at_Wikimedia_2010.jpg/220px-Mike_Godwin_at_Wikimedia_2010.jpg is not that smart as some people guess that he is, since a rule already pretentious implemented a "thingy". Does Mr. Goldwin stand above others? IMO he's just a smartass. His statement suffers from pretensions. A gobshite is unimpeachably, hence he doesn't have any opinion. To jump on bandwagons is easy.
>
> I might be mistaken regarding to my opinion or any other person might be
> mistaken to her/his opinion, but Godwin's law is just contemptuous, it's
> absolutely incorrect. Using such a unreflected law is a paradox, since
> it's the most evil fascism in itself, because it's a stupid
> generalisation.

In German I'm eloquent, my English is terrible broken. Godwin simply is
an asshole. It's easy to pronounce sentence of death, but living a
secure stiffs live without risking anything for humanity.

People can mistaken, but it's important that they risk something. Godwin
just is a somebody else wearing designer glasses, just talking ... at
least he seems to be, I don't know him personal.