[arch-general] Preventing cups from trying to access avahi-server

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Fri Mar 9 13:42:20 EST 2012

Hi,

	When I spool a document to cups for the 1st time, I see this in the
logs:
-----
dbus[552]: [system] Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.Avahi': timed
out
-----
It times out because I don't have avahi-* running, but this message starts to
annoy me. I have already disabled (in cups webconfig) the sharing of local
printers, showing of printers attached to other systems, and DNSSD protocol
altogether, but still cups wants to connect to avahi.

Is there any config handle in dbus/avahi/cups to disable this?

Thanks.

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D