[arch-general] systemd, running scripts after suspend/hibernate

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 06:01:39 EDT 2012

I have made the jump to systemd and I have been ironing a few things
here and there, one of them is setting the HD advanced power management
to a sane level to avoid excessive wear due to constant head parking.

I've been able to achieve this by placing my script in
/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep, however 'man systemd-sleep' says:

"Note that scripts or binaries dropped in /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/
are intended for local use only and should be considered hacks."

This seems to imply that a service file should be used, what I can't
figure out from the documentation or google searches is how to implement
the functionality I want with a .service file, or if a service file is
actually needed/recommended. Any pointers or help are welcome.

--
Mauro Santos