[arch-general] Munin and MySQL

Leon Jacobs leonja511 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 04:02:03 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Martín Cigorraga <msx at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Hi all, anyone proficient at Munin?

Im no pro, but recently did a install again.

> The talk of one of our guest speakers at the local SFD that took place
> yesterday was about monitoring everything with Munin, a software I didn't
> knew but which I liked at first sight.
> Once at home the very first thing I did after take the laptop out of my
> backpack was install Munin, of course, and alongside this I found some
> warning and error messages that aren't very informative so before go and
> dive on the net trying to gather information about them I decided to first
> try luck in the list.
> Whenever I run:
> # munin-node-configure --shell | sh
> I got this:
> # The following plugins caused errors:
> # mysql_:
> #       Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
> # ntp_states:
> #       Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
> # proc:
> #       In family 'auto' but doesn't have 'autoconf' capability
>
> Now the munin-node-configure --suggest command shows:
>  | no   | no
> for all the three plugins. Following the wiki suggestion:
> #  munin-run {plugin}
> I got a:
> # Unknown service '{plugin}'
> for all them three.

Are you 'literally' running "munin-run {plugin}" or are you specifying
the plugin?
What does the following command output? eg:

[somedude at somebox plugins] # munin-run --debug mysql_threads
# Setting /rgid/ruid/ to /997/99/
# Setting /egid/euid/ to /997 997/99/
# Setting up environment
# About to run '/etc/munin/plugins/mysql_threads'
threads.value 1

--
Regards
L.