[arch-general] HDMI Alsa sound problem from flashplayer 64 bit

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Thu Feb 7 18:35:30 EST 2013

> > I was unsure what was meant by trying to set up without KDE in the
> > way?  I
> presumed that I could only run the chrome browser within a D.E. in order to
> test the problem of flashplayer running a video with sound output? It was
> not clear to me how to do that unless I had a different D.E. running (i.e.
> not KDE) or window manager within which to test it? Presumably I can't test
> from a text console, or can I? - apart from the command which works from a
> Konsole terminal within KDE as I originally posted:

Mike,

I cannot think what would stop you from running a browser without any DE or WM. Just edit your ~/.xinitrc.

Just add firefox to it.

then

startx

It will run fullscreen with no title bar and the usual window frame.

man xinit

if you want to know a little bit the role of .xinitrc file in relation with the X server execution scope.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.