[arch-general] UEFI madness

Mika Fischer mika.fischer at zoopnet.de
Sat Mar 2 06:31:16 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Jan Steffens <jan.steffens at gmail.com> wrote:
> With the
> ESP at /boot, pacman automatically installs the kernels where they
> need to be, and no ugly copying hacks are necessary.

Do you mean something other than "/boot/vmlinuz-linux" by "where they
need to be"? Because that location is not really ideal. To avoid
conflicts with other operating systems the kernels should go into an
OS-specific subdirectory on the ESP (i.e. /boot/arch/vmlinuz-linux or
even /boot/EFI/arch/vmlinuz-linux, I never quite understood what the
EFI directory is there for...).