[arch-general] FS#41424 - Virtualbox 4.3.14, USB doesn't work flawlessly

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:15:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

I experienced Virtualbox 4.3.14 x86_64 as broken, when I tried to sync
an iPad2 with iTunes running on a XP SP3 guest. I only tested it with
USB2 enabled, since it worked with 4.3.12.

Usually I use the packages virtualbox, virtualbox-host-dkms,
virtualbox-extension-pack and I add the guest additions, that fit to the
used vbox version.

Because I wasted much time with trying to use 4.3.14, I did an
incomplete downgrade to 4.3.12 yet, since I'm short in time, but even
with

virtualbox 4.3.12-1
virtualbox-host-dkms 4.3.12-1
no extension pack, no USB2 and with wrong guest additions, version
4.3.14, I get rid of the issues.

I will complete the downgrade on my machine ASAP and IMO the community
packages should be downgraded for the repositories too.

Do others experienced issues with Virtualbox 4.3.14 USB too?

Since I'm short in time I only reported the bug to
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41424
I didn't find a related bug, just 4 completely other vbox bug reports.

https://www.virtualbox.org/search?q=4.13.14&noquickjump=1&ticket=on
results in "No matches found."
https://www.virtualbox.org/search?q=usb&noquickjump=1&ticket=on
gives tons of hits, no time to care about them right now

Regards,
Ralf