[arch-general] How to suppress --noconfirm when building with makechrootpkg

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:00:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

When trying to build libreoffice-extension-writer2latex [1] using
makechrootpkg I noticed that when several alternatives are provided for
a specific package, say libreoffice-common, pacman always chooses the
first one. This is due to the option --noconfirm that is passed in the
chain makepkg -> pacman.

This sounds reasonable, but how do I test a package against another
alternative (e.g. libreoffice-still-common instead of
libreoffice-fresh)? I know I can install packages using -I, but that's
rather cumbersome when trying to build against several alternatives.

Regards,
Marcel

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libreoffice-extension-writer2latex/