[arch-general] nm-applet and ethernet

Kyle Terrien kyleterrien at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 01:21:53 UTC 2014

On 10/17/2014 06:39 AM, Mauro Santos wrote:
> Previously I could left-click release and the nm-applet menu would stay
> open, now I have to left-click and hold otherwise there is no menu.
> Apart from this everything seems to work correctly.

After rereading this thread, I just remembered something.  I have (in
the past) experienced a similar issue with all GTK3 programs.  If I
clicked on a submenu, instead of popping up the corresponding submenu,
it would disappear.

I never figured out why submenus disappeared when I clicked on them, but
it's what drove me to start compiling a few programs with gtk2 instead
of gtk3 (including NetworkManager's GUI).

--Kyle