[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Changes to microcode updates

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:59:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>
wrote:

> Am 23.10.2014 um 21:58 schrieb Mike Cloaked:
> > Oct 23 15:41:56 localhost kernel: CPU0 microcode updated early to
> revision
> > 0x1b, date = 2014-05-29
> >
> > Does this mean that the quoted early update has used the wrong file from
> an
> > earlier date than current, or does this journal log line confirm correct
> > early loading of the up-to-date microcode?
>
> This is the timestamp that marks Intel's internal version. This is what
> I get:
>
> [    0.000000] lije kernel: CPU0 microcode updated early to revision
> 0x1c, date = 2014-07-03

On a second machine (a Haswell laptop) I get:

Oct 23 15:16:38 localhost kernel: CPU0 microcode updated early to revision
0x1c, date = 2014-07-03

which might suggest that mine has the same CPU as yours, so that this is
indeed the latest internal version date for the microcode - (which makes me
feel a little easier seeing you get the same as me!)

--
mike c