[arch-general] Cannot use monitor in 1920x1080 anymore

"Pedro A. López-Valencia" vorbote at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:29:26 UTC 2015

On 30/03/15 06:24, Martin S. Weber wrote:
> On 2015-03-30 13:08:11, Alfredo Palhares wrote:
>> Any ideas how can I debug this problem further ?
> Have a look at X's logfile, /var/log/Xorg.log. There should be messages that say the modes
> are being removed, and why (not enough Vram, some parameter out of range, etc.). It's likely
> warning or errors, so it should be among the output of egrep '\([WE]{2}\)' Xorg.0.log.
>
> Good luck,
> -Martin

Hmmm...  Martin, if you still have a Xorg.log it means you have a really
old installation, or you installed syslog-ng and integrated it with
journalctl, something that is not standard anymore. Heck, OpenSUSE just
removed it of Tumbleweed, it's a sign of the times.

Alfredo, as Arch uses systemd/journalctl, you need to use the command:

     journalctl -b0 _EXE=/usr/lib/xorg-server/Xorg

If you are not in the systemd-journal group, you may need to run the
command in a root shell or with sudo.

--
Pedro A. López-Valencia
http://about.me/palopezv