[arch-general] no write access to gvfs-mount with certain applications

Sebastian Hempel sebastian at hempel-roeslau.de
Sun Apr 26 13:31:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a strange problem with gvfs mounts with the SMB/CIFS backend.
Both packages are in the latest version 1.24.1-1.

The smb shares are mounted with nautilus. The neccessary credentials are
stored in the gnome-keyring. I can open / read and write files with
LibreOffice and gedit. There is also no problem when accessing /
creating files with the terminal and vi.

But when I try to open a library with calibre the application tells me,
that the database is read only. The access rights of the library files
are all rwx and i can create files in the directory with for example
touch or gedit.

As fare as i can remember the (write) access with calibre worked before
the update of the latest gnome version.

Does anybody has suggestions how to solve this problem?

Sebastian
--
*Sebastian Hempel*
eMail: sebastian at hempel-roeslau.de
GnuPG Fingerprint: 9396 67A0 D3F3 6EBB BD7C 783D 34D8 65FE 9EB7 B49F

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ithempel