[arch-general] debug package repositories again

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sat Aug 15 13:42:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:08:55 -0700 Joe Julian <me at joejulian.name> wrote:
> On 08/13/2015 12:37 PM, Doug Newgard wrote:
> > AFAIK, right now the reason it can't happen is because nobody has stepped up and
> > added support to devtools for putting split packages in different repos. Nobody
> > willing to do the work is a valid reason.
>
> Excellent. I'll tackle that then.

dbscripts also needs to be changed and I've started working on this
quite some time ago, but then had other things to do and I haven't
picked it up again since because the code is not pretty and it requires
a bit of time to get up to speed.

If you really, really want to work on this feel free to ping me on IRC
(Bluewind in #archlinux-projects would be best) so we can discuss it
in detail. My current progress can be seen here, though I'm not sure if
all the information there is still accurate:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Bluewind/dbscripts-rewrite

Florian