[arch-general] GA-990FX - on boot I get IO_PAGE_FAULT & AMD-Vi: Event logged??

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 16:22:52 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 3:02 PM, David C. Rankin <
drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

> All,

>   I need to know if anyone has seen this and if there is a fix. Everything
> works fine after it boots, but it is horrible looking at the errors on
> boot. Specifically, here is what is logged:
>   Anybody have any idea how to fix this?
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.

What chip do you have? I see

[    0.150863] smpboot: CPU0: AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor (fam:
15, model: 02, stepping: 00)

(of course, I have the same board.) I don't have any page faults in dmesg
or on boot. In /etc/default/grub, I have
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="iommu=soft" (don't forget grub-mkconfig!).

I did have these kinds of errors earlier, but I don't remember what my
configuration was. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with iommu. Good
luck!

Aaron