[arch-general] gnome-keyring collecting passwords just for midori

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 23:31:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I learned some time back that one could make gnome capture midori
passwords through:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/midori-passwordmanager

I tried it by then, but I didn't like because gnome-keyring was
capturing all passwords.

I don't use desktop environment, so I was using in my ~/.xinitrc:

eval $(gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=pkcs11,secrets)

As I use ssh-agent + keychain, I just removed the ssh agent...

However that was capturing every password, from firefox, thunderbird,
etc.  Although one could refuse to capture them, it was uncomfortable
to me, so I decided NOT to use gnomekeyring just for midori.

The thought I have, is that perhaps there's a way to specify
gnome-keyring to only pay attention to midori passwords, and nothing
else.  Though I don't see that in its options through the
gnome-keyring-daemon man page.

If there's a way, please let me know...

Thanks,

--