[arch-general] Regular service freezes the system

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Dec 16 09:24:18 UTC 2016

Hi List,
I have encountered this issue several times now. I can't be sure, which job
actually freezes the system, a good runner up is updatedb, though I have a
feeling that somethi9ng ran after that one. updatedb (mlocate) definitely eats
a lot of system resources, eventhough it only concentrates on my internal sata
disk with ext3/ext4 only filesystems.

The last entries in the journal are related to the update of the mandb.

The issue in question doesn't arise every day, thus it may be a service run
weekly - or even more infrequently - or some other interaction of my own
causes these freezes. I don't always work on my computer around midnight.

Can anyone help or guide me in further research, please?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3