[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

João Miguel jmcf125 at openmailbox.org
Sat Feb 13 15:11:26 UTC 2016

Sorry if I was too harsh. But the methods are for fundamentally
different purposes, apg's intends to remain compatible with systemd and
is backed up by the AUR, while artoo's intends to replace systemd and
has its own repositories elsewhere. AFAIK, artoo tried to convince apg
to join forces, with no success. So 2 methods remain, each with their
merits.

However, as you say, it's true it wasn't clear in the original article
why were there 2 methods. So I copied the article before the edit that
removed artoo's method to a sandbox [1]. Then I'll add new info from the
current article and finally present in the discussion page reasons for
it to be added back as it will be in the sandbox. I think a sandbox is
necessary because the original article with artoo's way is too much out
of date and incomplete.

Thank you for understanding,
João Miguel

[1] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:JMCF125/OpenRC