[arch-general] [arch-security] [Announcement] Discussion about restricting arch-security for public participation

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Thu Jan 28 15:29:18 UTC 2016

   Now there are different opinions about this:
Some people certainly estimate comments, questions and discussion about
security issues which do not solely pertain to updates of packages for
already known security issues. Allowing discussion about potential
security risks is also an important issue though certain package
maintainers and arch-security personnel may feel discomforted about such
discussions. Nonetheless I would believe such discussion to be
worthwhile and important. Those who do not want to read it will not need
to as soon as we have separate lists for "Discussion about security
issues in Arch" and "Package updates for Arch resolving already known
security issues".

Just read f.i. the following message from Luchesar V. ILIEV: