[arch-general] Where did the touch pad tapping go?

Fabien Dubosson fabien.dubosson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:31:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Yesterday I could tap my touch pad to trigger mouse clicks (single
> finger for left mouse button, ...), but today nothing!
>
> Anyone else seeing this, or am I alone?

I had the same problem yesterday after an update. I don't know what is
the cause, but it seems that the synaptic options "TapButton[123]" are
set to zero instead of "[123]" respectively now.

> I had a quick look around but found no news suggesting that any recent
> upgrade requires configuring my touchpad, or that I need to install any
> new package to get my touch pad back to working the way I want.

I also haven't seen any information about this.

> Any and all suggestions are welcome :)

I solved this by creating a "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf"
file with the following content:

    Section "InputClass"
      Identifier "Touchpad"
      Driver "synaptics"