[arch-general] netcdf problem after arch update

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:25:08 UTC 2016

On 05/11/2016 12:12 PM, Fulcrum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two tools that use libnetcdf.so.7. They were working fine
> earlier. I updated Arch using the 'pacman -Syy' and 'pacman -Su'. But
> after the update, both the tools are giving errors:
>
> Tool1 (gasflow) error:
> /home/foxtrot/project/gasflow-3.0/bin/xgf2: error while loading shared
> libraries: libnetcdf.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> Toos2 (pyscan) error:
> ImportError: libnetcdf.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory

For future reference:

[eschwartz at arch ~]$ pacman -Fsx 'libnetcdf\.so'
extra/netcdf 4.4.1rc1-1
    usr/lib/libnetcdf.so
    usr/lib/libnetcdf.so.12
    usr/lib/libnetcdf.so.12.0.0

Rebuild your software against the latest version of netcdf. Since it
wasn't installed from the Arch Linux repositories, it is your
responsibility to update it and make sure it is properly rebuilt as
packages get updated.

--
Eli Schwartz