[arch-general] ISO broken? Unable to boot from ISO burned to DVD.

Jean-Philippe Provost jphilippe.provost at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:35:38 UTC 2016

arch-general at archlinux.org>:

> On 11/16/2016 02:38 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/2016 01:39 PM, Jean-Philippe Provost via arch-general wrote:
>>
>>> This issue is weird since I installed Arch 3 days ago without any
>>> problems
>>> during boot.
>>> Maybe it would be good to try it without -dao ?
>>>

>> Maybe if you try
> -sao -speed=8
> without -dao.
>
> Maybe you need slower burn. By default, if you don't set speed, drive will
> use the maximum one.

Hi,*​*

*From man cdrecord, I found* :

       -sao   Set SAO (Session At Once) mode which is usually called Disk At
              Once mode.  This currently only works with MMC drives that
              support Session At Once mode.  Note that cdrecord needs to
know
              the size of each track in advance for this mode (see the
mkisofs
              -print-size option and the EXAMPLES section for more

              information).

Which I think won't change anything from -dao to -sao. Have you check the
signature of the ISO file (md5) ? Maybe it's just corrupted?

​Does your cd recorder supports Session At Once (-sao) ?​