[arch-general] VirtualBox crashes when adding choose existing to SATA controller

Peter Bauer comicinker at gmx.de
Fri Oct 14 07:29:08 UTC 2016

The VirtualBox gui crashes when you want to add an existing hard disk to
a SATA controller.

Steps to reproduce:

Select a Machine -> Settings -> Storage -> Controller: SATA -> Add hard
disk -> Choose existing disk

Then you will see the following message when you have started the Oracle
VM VirtualBox Manager in a terminal:

% VirtualBox
Qt WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

(VirtualBox:7254): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkwindow-x11.c:5554 drawable is not
a native X11 window
[1]    7254 segmentation fault  VirtualBox

The corresponding machine had no hard disk applied. I guess I have to
use some Command line to get the machine up again...