[arch-general] Error when starting Opera

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Sep 21 07:04:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 22:29:14 -0400, Francis Gerund wrote:
>I did a lengthy configuration of Opera, then re-started it.  Same
>error. I re-installed Opera using pacman -Rsn.  Same error.

And after moving away or deleting $HOME/.config/opera ?

I get tons of error messages and a stack trace when launching Opera by
command line. Btw. "strip" is disabled.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep strip /var/abs/community/opera/PKGBUILD
options=(!strip !zipman)

However, despite the errors Opera runs as expected, without an issue.
I'm not asked to enter a password and I can't imagine why this should
happen, excepted of e.g.
https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/set-password-for-your-browser-opera-lock/
https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=opera+requires+password

Regards,