[arch-general] Suppressing specific pacman warnings

João Miguel jmcf125 at openmailbox.org
Mon Apr 3 13:39:09 UTC 2017

A 2017-04-01T18:13:59 +0200, Guus Snijders escreveu:
> Op 1 apr. 2017 17:14 schreef "João Miguel via arch-general" <
> arch-general at archlinux.org>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have some unofficial repos added in pacman.conf, and at times use ABS
> and the AUR, so I often get messages like this:
>
>  # LANG=C pacman -Syu
> :: Starting full system upgrade...
> warning: udevil: local (0.4.4-2) is newer than community (0.4.4-1)
> ...(10 messages from unofficial repos)...
>

> You could use basic shell redirection;
>
> pacman -Syu 2>&1 | egrep -v "is newer than"

Thanks for the example, I was considering doing something on those
lines, but then I thought maybe other people would also like an option
to do it, or that it would make more sense.

Also, that piping disables some interactivity. Colour can be shown with
--color=always, but the progress bars are gone.

Regards,
João Miguel

P.S.: I had sent this but forgot to CC arch-general