[arch-general] makepkg - any way to recompile only newly patched files in large packages?

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 7 09:59:26 UTC 2017

On 07-08-17 09:39, David C. Rankin wrote:
I was wondering if there was a way to avoid the full 15 minute rebuild
> of all of gtk2 and just compile gtkrecentchooserdefault.c to object and then
> --repackage?

I don't know a way to do that, but do you have ccache installed ?

On my system it's set to use max 20G on a HDD .
When building things like mesa or llvm repeatedly with small changes
this can shaves minutes of the build time.

LW

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ccache