[arch-general] Orca, java-atk-wrapper, and OpenJDK8

Hunter Jozwiak hunter.t.joz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 04:54:32 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I am trying to get java-atk-wrapper and OpenJDK8 working together with
the Orca screenreader. I have noticed that the following files exist in
OpenJDK7 but not for my default JRE:
usr/lib/jvm/
usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/
usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre/
usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre/lib/
usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre/lib/accessibility.properties
usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre/lib/ext/
usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre/lib/ext/java-atk-wrapper.jar
What I've Tried:
I tried copying these files to /usr/lib/jvm/default/jre, but this seems
to throw errors and Orca won't read the application. I tried it with
jconsole, clion, and IntelliJ, all three were still inaccessible. Is
there another step to get things working? Do I need an older version of
java-atk-wrapper?

Thanks,

Hunter