[arch-general] Install Archlinux on HP Elitebook

Jagannathan Tiruvallur Eachambadi jagannathante at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 21:47:28 UTC 2017

On Sunday 24 December 2017 9:06:58 PM CET Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:

> The current wiki page buries all information about the ability to
> manually create a grub.cfg, in the "Tips and tricks" sub-page as a tiny
> blurb.
Last time I read the wiki page I remember it explicitly stating not to write
grub.cfg manually and it cab break your system/boot. Given that warning and
the complex looking default configuration many people are turned away from
grub2. I too went to syslinux and it has been way easier. Having an entry in
the wiki for simpler grub.cfg would make a good case for grub2 :)

--
Kind regards
Jagan