[arch-general] Why there is no NetworkManager in ArchISO

Henrik Danielsson h.danielsson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 07:49:43 UTC 2017

<arch-general at archlinux.org>:
> All fine and good but I don't see arch being installed on something
> other than desktop/laptop. Of course there are niche cases as arch
> server I do not doubt but how much of arch install base is traditional
> desktop? I think it's rather high.
I currently have 8 Arch machines, 5 of which are pure servers and 2
are server/desktop hybrids, one is an aging laptop which barely runs
anything with a GUI.
None have NM installed, most use Connman , the others 'just work' and
need nothing more than the basics already there.
I'm obviously not alone in finding Arch suitable for many purposes
other than a desktop machine, as indicated by other replies.