[arch-general] How to "decorate" a package build?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 11:49:09 UTC 2017

On 03/08/2017 06:04 AM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
> I've found out I could probably use PreTransaction-Hooks, but I cannot
> see, when exactly the hook is executed: before download, after download,
> or after unpacking.

This makes no sense, hooks are part of a transaction and by definition
cannot override part of that transaction...

Use https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/asp-git/
Checkout a git clone of the official Firefox package, apply a custom
change to the PKGBUILD, and whenever the package is updated, rebase your
changes onto the official version then rebuild it.

Or use customizepkg, which yaourt will automatically use to override
repo packages when an override exists (and build that repo package via
the ABS with customizepkg instead).

--
Eli Schwartz