[arch-general] How to "decorate" a package build?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 22:12:13 UTC 2017

On 03/08/2017 03:34 PM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
> Yes, I already wondered about this when looking at the PKGBUIL source
> file, because it seemed a decision has been made against it, but the
> subject is "How to "decorate" a package build?" - firefox has only been
> a package which has been discussed before.
>
> So, the most important result for me is, I've learned some interesting
> details about the package system.

And the answer is, you're not the first person to want something like that:
- customizepkg provides a framework for applying differences to packages
- yaourt is capable of autodetecting a repo package that has a
  customizepkg configuration, and building that package from source
  instead of syncing the prebuilt package.

--
Eli Schwartz