[arch-general] gnome fix needed

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Sep 10 13:14:57 UTC 2017

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 12:37:48 +0200, Guus Snijders wrote:
>Did your script also delete pacman's cache? Otherwise it would have
>been there in /var/cache/pacman/pkg (from the top of my head).

Hi,

assuming it anyway is the same package version and release, then it
makes no difference if the package is installed from the cache or
downloaded. If it's in the cache, it will not be downloaded again, but
get installed from cache.

However, since Jude first -Rs or -Rss the packages and does _not
reinstall_ the packages, there should be no old config in the way
after removing them
( https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Pacnew_and_Pacsave#.pacsave ),
excepted of configs in $HOME.

Just reinstalling packages is something else, even after deleting
a .pacnew file no new one gets installed, the edited config either way
stays untouched.

Regards,
Ralf