[arch-general] libssh: 0.7.5 from AUR seems to have config reading issues

Artyom Poptsov poptsov.artyom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:03:40 UTC 2018

Hello,

it seems that AUR provides libssh version 0.7.5 that has some issues
with SSH config reading (it fails to read options from a provided
configuration file.)  Back in June 2017 I prepared a patch to fix the
problem:
  https://git.libssh.org/projects/libssh.git/commit/?id=5333be5988c3789e7011598995f4df90d50d84d0

but the patch was integrated to libssh _after_ 0.7.5 release (it was
released in April 2017.)  Could the libssh library be upgraded in AUR to
integrate the aforementioned patch?

I'm not an avid Arch GNU/Linux user so if I'm wrong about something
please don't hesistate to point me out to it.

FWIW, I'm the main developer of Guile-SSH library [1] that uses libssh.

Thanks!

- Artyom

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/guile-ssh/

--