[arch-general] Re-install of Arch on a larger drive

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 17 21:25:36 UTC 2018

Hi all-

I currently have Arch running on a 250GB drive, and I'm going to be
moving to a 500GB drive.

I'm looking for 'best practices' when it comes to the migrating as much
as possible during the re-install.

It appears that I can migrate my installed packages (standard and AUR
repos) via:

pacman -Qqe > pkglist.txt

and then on the new install, I can use the pkglist.txt generated
previously to:

pacman -S - < pkglist.txt

In addition, by backing up and migrating much of my /home partition (to
include 'hidden' config files, anything else I could do to make the
process fast and as close to the current install as possible?

Thanks!